Thank you for your interest in employment at Rocky Mountain PBS. All job openings are posted here when they become available. Each posting lists the qualifications and procedures for application and a deadline for submissions. Late submissions cannot be accepted.
Rocky Mountain PBS only accepts applications/resumes for specific open positions. We do not accept or retain general applications/resumes for employment.
Rocky Mountain PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Current Open Postions:
Scroll down to bottom for Internship opportunities in Denver, Colorado Springs, and Grand Junction.
Rocky Mountain Public Media, home to Rocky Mountain PBS and KUVO Jazz radio, is the largest statewide, member-supported, multi-media network in Colorado. Rocky Mountain Public Media’s mission is to strengthen the civic fabric in communities throughout Colorado, engaging audiences through high-quality, trusted programming, community programs and partnerships, and educational initiatives that inform, enlighten and entertain. To further this mission, Rocky Mountain Public Media seeks a full-time Account Executive.
The Account Executive is responsible for increasing Rocky Mountain Public Media revenue. Job duties include the sale of on-air messages, online ads, sponsorship of outreach events and other Rocky Mountain PBS and KUVO products. The position develops new business and provides continuing account management through a consultative sales approach. The Account Executive is expected to generate additional revenue from foundation grants.
Maintains productive revenue pipeline through prospecting, research, meetings, proposals, and networking. Qualifies copy points and writes copy that adheres to RMPM and FCC guidelines. Drafts and finalizes underwriting agreements including schedules and costs. Maintains account records, traffic orders, receivables, database input and tracking in salesforce.com. Provides outstanding customer service and communication to all clients, vendors, and staff. Ensures timely collection of accounts receivable. Keeps Manager of Corporate Sponsorship updated on account and prospect status through regular meetings, reports, and phone calls. Attends team meetings to ensure annual individual and team goals are met. Always represents Rocky Mountain PBS and KUVO in a professional manner. Other duties, as assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION:
Four-year college degree or equivalent relationship-selling experience. Proven revenue-generating abilities. Must be able to close sales. Must be skilled in identifying and overcoming sales objections and comfortable with assessing account needs and providing solutions. Must be proficient at presenting and selling the value of Rocky Mountain PBS and KUVO and knowledgeable about other media options. Exceptional productivity, communication, presentation and organizational skills. Ability to persuade, prioritize effectively and be highly goal-oriented. Proven media, philanthropic business development and/or grant-writing experience preferred.
Office environment; sales environment.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Persons interested in this position should submit the following items via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put Account Executive in the subject line.
1. A cover letter detailing how the applicant's qualifications fit the needs of RMPM and information on how the applicant found out about the job opening.
2. A résumé detailing education, training, salary history, and employment experience.
3. Names, addresses, and phone numbers of at least three professional references with a thorough knowledge of the applicant's professional experience and achievements.
4. Compensation requirements.
Position will be posted at www.rmpbs.org/jobs until filled. No phone calls please.
KRMA-TV/KTSC-TV/KRMJ-TV/KRMU-TV/KRMZ-TV and KUVO-FM/KVJZ-FM are licensed to and operated by Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. as non-commercial public television and radio. Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Rocky Mountain PBS offers a hands-on internship program in local television production and is looking for applicants for the next school semester. Multiple internships are offered within the Content Department each academic semester. Students will have the opportunity to join content production teams as they work on a variety of long-form television productions including on-location video production. Our interns have gone on to work at The Denver Post, The Colorado Film Commission, KODE-TV, Mr. Robot, and FOX31.
Production Internships Available
Qualifications and Requirements
- All internships are un-paid
- 10-20 hours (minimum) per week on a consistent schedule
- Preference given to currently enrolled college-level students studying communications, journalism, video production and/or film production. Course credit is preferred.
- Must have basic knowledge of television production, camera equipment, editing software and terminology
- Be excited to learn something new each day
Submit your application directly to the contact person listed in the position description for the opportunity that interests you. Your application should include a resume, and a cover letter that summarizes your education, experience, and interest in the position. Qualified candidates will be called for an interview after the application deadline.
Email resume and cover letter outlining interests, education and experience to: email@example.com
INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY - Grand Junction
Rocky Mountain PBS’s Western Colorado office in Grand Junction is seeking student interns to assist with various aspects of organizing community outreach efforts.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Reaching out to local businesses and organizations for sponsorships/participation
- Working with RMPBS Marketing Dept. in Denver to develop advertising materials for print and online
- Outreach to local media and implementation of marketing plan
- Event budget planning and maintenance
- Volunteer recruitment and coordination
RMPBS is seeking interns who are:
- Studying mass communications or business (though not limited to these majors)
- Highly organized and able to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Excellent communicators, both verbally and written
- Able to develop clear and timely press releases and other media communications
- Creative and flexible
- Interested in marketing, promotions, and event planning and organization
- Passionate about public media and nonprofits.
Contact: Alex Forsett, AlexForsett@rmpbs.org or 970-245-1818