Thank you for your interest in employment at Rocky Mountain PBS. All job openings are posted here when they become available. Each posting lists the qualifications and procedures for application and a deadline for submissions. Late submissions cannot be accepted.
Rocky Mountain PBS only accepts applications/resumes for specific open positions. We do not accept or retain general applications/resumes for employment.
Rocky Mountain PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Scroll down to bottom for Internship and Contract opportunities.
INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY - Grand Junction
- Reaching out to local businesses and organizations for sponsorships/participation
- Coordinating with participating businesses/organizations and Grand Junction Parks & Rec to develop and plan specific aspects of the event
- Working with RMPBS Marketing Dept. in Denver to develop advertising materials for print and online
- Outreach to local media and implementation of marketing plan
- Event budget planning and maintenance
- Volunteer recruitment and coordination
- Studying mass communications or business
- Highly organized and able to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Excellent communicators, both verbally and written
- Able to develop clear and timely press releases and other media communications
- Creative and flexible
- Interested in marketing, promotions, and event planning and organization
- Passionate about public media and nonprofits.
JUNIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (MEDIA) – Denver
Do you love PBS? Yes?! Keep Reading!
This is an exceptional entry-level opportunity for a mission-minded and innovative multi-media sales professional. In this role, you will generate sponsorship revenue for television, radio, digital media and events for Rocky Mountain Public Media, one of the nation’s largest and most cutting-edge public media organizations. As the only statewide public media station, with television, radio and digital properties, RMPM strives to enrich the lives of all Coloradans through engaging and essential programs, services and community partnerships that inform, enlighten and entertain. To further this mission, RMPM is seeking a Junior Account Executive. This position will serve as a key member of the Rocky Mountain Public Media Underwriting team.
A Master of the Art of the Sale
In this outside sales position, you will sell television sponsorship messages, print advertising, digital media and event sponsorships for Rocky Mountain PBS and KUVO Jazz 89.3. An account executive in public media is similar to a salesperson in commercial broadcasting or local print media. In this consultative sales role, you will make cold-calls to decision makers at local businesses, meet with them to understand their marketing needs and develop proposals that offer marketing solutions to help them grow their businesses. This is a full life cycle sales position in that you will prospect, conduct needs assessments, create and present proposals, close the deal, write copy and service the account. While managing an account list you will also focus on developing new business. Typical Duties: Maintains productive revenue pipeline through prospecting, research, meetings, proposals, and networking. Drafts and finalizes underwriting agreements including schedules and costs. Maintains account records, traffic orders, receivables, database input, and tracking in Salesforce.com. Qualifies copy points, and writes copy that adheres to RMPM and FCC guidelines. Provides outstanding customer service and communication to all clients, vendors, and staff. Keeps Manager of Corporate Underwriting updated on account and prospect status through regular meetings and reports. Qualifications and Skills:
- 1-2 years media sales experience - broadcast radio and digital preferred
- College degree in marketing, business or related field is preferred
- Passion for public media -- We are looking for a BIG fan who values the programming!
- Time and resource management skills utilized effectively to exceed sales goals
- Ability to utilize a disciplined sales strategy to keep the process moving, work ahead and juggle multiple client interactions
- Ability to open doors and close new business
- Capacity to gather market data and use it to sell multiple platforms
- Ability to craft client-focused sales proposals and presentations
- Thoughtful and persuasive verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Knack for cultivating relationships built on trust and credibility
- Patience and persistence for the occasion of a longer sales cycle
- Collaborative personality and reverence for communication with management and peers for insight and feedback
- A positive attitude and thoughtful demeanor
- Computer skills: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SalesForce. Experience with Scarborough, Media Audit and/or Nielsen a plus!
DEVELOPMENT ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - Denver
Rocky Mountain Public Media is one of the nation’s largest and most cutting-edge public media organizations. As the only statewide public media station, with television, radio and digital properties, RMPM strives to enrich the lives of all Coloradans through engaging and essential programs, services and community partnerships that inform, enlighten and entertain. To further this mission, RMPM is seeking a Development Account Executive. The ideal candidate for this position has a track record of developing new business, is skilled in providing customer service through a consultative sales process, and is driven to increase individual and team revenue generating capacity. This position will serve as a key member of the Rocky Mountain Public Media Underwriting team.
This position will be responsible for the sale of on-air messages, online ads, sponsorship of outreach events, and other Rocky Mountain PBS and KUVO products. The position will be responsible for maintaining a productive revenue pipeline, managing client records, contracts, deliverables and traffic orders, and cultivating relationships with potential and current underwriters.
TYPICAL DUTIES: Maintains productive revenue pipeline through prospecting, research, meetings, proposals, and networking. Drafts and finalizes underwriting agreements including schedules and costs. Maintains account records, traffic orders, receivables, database input, and tracking in salesforce.com. Qualifies copy points, and writes copy that adheres to RMPM and FCC guidelines. Provides outstanding customer service and communication to all clients, vendors, and staff. Keeps Director of Corporate Underwriting updated on account and prospect status through regular meetings and reports.
QUALIFICATIONS: Four-year college degree required. Candidates must have a proven track record of revenue-generating abilities and must be able to close sales. Qualified candidates will also possess skills at identifying and overcoming sales objections, have an ability to persuade, be able to prioritize, and be able to effectively communicate. Spanish language skills and prior media sales experience a plus.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Persons interested in this position should submit the following items via email to email@example.com and put "Development Account Executive" in the subject line.
1. A cover letter detailing how the applicant's qualifications fit the needs of RMPM and information on how the applicant found out about the job opening.
2. A résumé detailing education, training, salary history, and employment experience.
3. Names, addresses, and phone numbers of at least three professional references with a thorough knowledge of the applicant's professional experience and achievements.
4. Compensation requirements.
Position will be posted at www.rmpbs.org/jobs until filled. No phone calls please.
KRMA-TV/KTSC-TV/KRMJ-TV/KRMU-TV/KRMZ-TV and KUVO-FM/KVJZ-FM are licensed to and operated by Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. as non-commercial public television and radio. Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc., will be issuing a Request for Proposal for managed services for IT help desk, network and servers. For further information or to be included for consideration, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rocky Mountain PBS offers a hands-on internship program in local television production and is looking for applicants for the next school semester. Multiple internships are offered within the Content Department each academic semester. Students will have the opportunity to join content production teams as they work on a variety of long-form television productions including on-location video production. Our interns have gone on to work at The Denver Post, The Colorado Film Commission, KODE-TV, Mr. Robot, and FOX31.
Production Internships Available
Qualifications and Requirements
- All internships are un-paid
- 10-20 hours (minimum) per week on a consistent schedule
- Preference given to currently enrolled college-level students studying communications, journalism, video production and/or film production. Course credit is preferred.
- Must have basic knowledge of television production, camera equipment, editing software and terminology
- Be excited to learn something new each day
Submit your application directly to the contact person listed in the position description for the opportunity that interests you. Your application should include a resume, and a cover letter that summarizes your education, experience, and interest in the position. Qualified candidates will be called for an interview after the application deadline.
Rocky Mountain PBS
1089 Bannock Street
Denver, CO 80204