Donating blood to Children’s Hospital Colorado doesn’t take long or cost money, but it makes a big difference in giving kids a better chance for a healthy life. Every year at Children's Hospital Colorado, sick and injured kids receive more than 8,000 units of lifesaving blood products. 95% percent of that blood comes generous community donations at their Blood Donor Center and that blood stays in Colorado, helping the patients in their care.
Please consider donating at a Children’s Hospital Colorado mobile blood drive hosted by Rocky Mountain Public Media in Denver on Tuesday, February 8 at the Buell Media Center at 2101 Arapahoe St. or in Colorado Springs on Thursday, February 10 at 720 N. Tejon St. You can register below.
Rocky Mountain PBS
Rocky Mountain Public Media Blood Drive Benefitting Children's Hospital Colorado
Registering for the blood drive
First things first: Are you eligible to donate? If you answer "yes" to any of the below statements, please call (720) 777-5398 to review your eligibility.
- In the past 3 months, I have traveled out of the U.S or Canada
- I have received a tattoo and/or piercing in the last 3 months
- I am currently taking antibiotics for an infection
- I have received a shingles shot in the last 4 weeks
- In the past 12 months I have been under a doctor's care for something non-routine or have had a surgery
- I weigh less than 110 pounds
- I am under 18 years old
- I am a healthcare worker caring for COVID-19 positive patients and have not consistently been able to use recommended personal protective equipment (face mask, gown and gloves)
- I have received a COVID-19 vaccine in the past 14 days
- I have been in close contact with someone with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- I am currently experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and/or feeling unwell
Please DO NOT DONATE if you are currently ill with symptoms of COVID-19. Click here to learn about COVID-19 and to view the Colorado Department of Health and Public Environment's COVID-19 symptoms list.
- Hydrate and eat a full meal an hour or two before donating blood
- Bring your government-issued ID
- Please wear a mask or cloth face covering to your donation appointment.
- 45 minutes of your time could mean a lifetime to a child
We ask that you provide a phone number so that we may quickly reach you in the event of an emergency or other unintended occurrence.
Your donation will make an incredible difference for our patients and families every day. Without blood, Children's Hospital Colorado would not be able to perform many lifesaving procedures.
To register for the February 8 blood drive in Denver, you can scan the QR code below with your smart phone, or you can visit this link.
To register for the February 10 blood drive in Colorado Springs, you can scan the QR code below, or you can visit this link.
Individuals and organizations can sponsor a blood drive as a service initiative or in honor of a loved one. Learn more here.
Community stories from across Colorado and updates on your favorite PBS programs, in your inbox every Tuesday.