Women and Girls Lead: An interview with Dora Levy Mossanen
As part of our Women and Girls Lead initiative, we are celebrating just some of the many extraordinary women forging crucial paths so others may follow.
Below is an interview with Dora Levy Mossanen, who was born in Israel and moved to Iran at age 9. At the onset of the Islamic revolution, she and her family fled to the United States.
She is the recipient of the San Diego State University Editor's Choice Award and the author of three books, "Harem," "Courtesan," and her most recent, "The Last Romanov."
About the video:
1. Mossanen talks about the restrictions on women in some parts of the middle east (2:00)
2. In all her books, Mossanen’s women characters are strong and independent (1:26)
3. Her path to becoming an author (2:01)
4. Her view on the importance of empowering girls, to help them become strong women (1:18)
5. Mossanen describes Alexandra, who is featured in "The Last Romanov" (1:40)
5/11/2012 9:40:00 AM