WE LOVE OUR VOLUNTEERS!
Each year, hundreds of volunteers contribute time to Rocky Mountain PBS and KUVO Jazz radio. Their commitment greatly enhances the mission of strengthening the civic fabric of Colorado. We truly value each of our volunteers, and there is a place for you too. Complete an on-line application by clicking on this form under “Sign Up to Volunteer.” To learn more about our current volunteer opportunities, click on the latest issue of our Volunteer Bulletin below. If any of these opportunities interest you, contact the designated person listed.Record Your Volunteer Hours / Update Your Information
Questions about volunteering at Rocky Mountain PBS?
- E-mail Susan Barber or call 303-620-5715.
Questions about volunteering at KUVO?
- E-mail Arvida Rascon or call 303-446-5795.
The Volunteer Bulletin arrives early in the month by email and is also posted here. It delivers you Rocky Mountain PBS and KUVO volunteer opportunities, news, history and events of interest. We welcome your comments, feedback and ideas! Email us at email@example.com.
- Front Desk Volunteers at RMPBS on Friday mornings
- Volunteers for KUVO at Summer Festivals
- Daytime Tour Guides/Ambassadors Needed
- Weekend Opportunity: Be My Neighbor Day – Need 1 volunteer morning of June 10
- Weekend Opportunity: Five Points Jazz Festival, Saturday, May 20th
- Station’s Archived Memories: Help Us Preserve Our Programming
- Station’s Archived Memories: Document Preservation/Data Input
- Station’s Archived Memories: Photo Research and Cataloguing
- Station’s Archived Memories: Oral History Transcriber/Editor
- Station’s Archived Memories: Transcribe Interviews of RMPBS History Makers
- Want to Impact Kids? Join the Volunteer Ranks for the "Super School News" Program
- Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities Statewide – Encourage Your Friends to Volunteer
- If you are interested in volunteering in Denver, please contact Susan Barber at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-620-5715
- If you are interested in volunteering in Colorado Springs/Pueblo, please contact Elyse Jones at email@example.com or 719-418-5851
- Multiple Volunteer Opportunities. KRMJ has tons of fun opportunities for volunteers! Contact Alex Forsett firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the following opportunities: Special Events, Community Outreach, Community Calendar, Community Cinema, and Office Assistance.
- RMPBS & KUVO Celebrate Volunteers With Music, Food, Liquid Libations and FUN!
- Volunteers Need Vacations Too – The Best Trip Planner Tool is “Colorado Experience”
- Congratulations to KUVO’s Arturo Gómez – “Best Radio Host”
- Update from Protect My Public Media
- Station’s Archived Memories Turns 17
- Tidbits of History about Rocky Mountain PBS
- Thanks to Volunteers at KUVO and RMPBS (Denver/Front Range)
EVENTS / PROGRAMMING
Check the Rocky Mountain PBS website for breaking information about station events at rmpbs.org/events.
- Indie Lens Pop-Up
- May 22 at 6:30pm; Bud Werner Memorial Library; Steamboat Springs
- May 24 at 6:30pm; Mesa County Library Community Room; Grand Junction
- June 1 at 7pm; Tim Gill Center for Public Media; Colorado Springs
Real Boy: Real Boy is the coming-of-age story of Bennett, a trans teenager with dreams of musical stardom. During the first two years of his gender transition, as Bennett works to repair a strained relationship with his family, he is taken under the wing of his friend and musical hero, celebrated trans folk singer Joe Stevens.
To check out programming features and changes, go to the Rocky Mountain PBS website. Or go straight to rmpbs.org/enews where you will be able to request our automatic weekly newsletter (e-news) and monthly TV schedule (e-promo).
WATCH RMPBS ANYWHERE!
There are MANY ways to watch Rocky Mountain PBS content besides TV. You can stream our shows on the RMPBS website, on YouTube, on the KUVO app (where you can also stream KUVO radio live), or on the PBS and PBS Kids apps. You can also watch on Apple TV, Roku, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV stick, XBox, Amazon Prime, Hulu, iTunes and more. Learn more at rmpbs.org/anywhere.
Special Events & Volunteer Coordinator, 303-620-5715