Congratulations to the 2016 StoryMakers’
Winners and Finalists!
Click on the story titles to read them online.
1st Place: Sive Kelliher - "The Desert" (Denver School of the Arts)
2nd Place: Lillian Sturhahn - "The Chocolate Shake" (Denver School of the Arts)
3rd Place: Lauren Brown - "Daughter of the Moon" (Coal Ridge Middle School)
Aditi Jegannath - "Be YoursELF" (Rocky Heights Middle School)
Kate Bestall - "The Jealous Goldfish" (Evergreen Middle School)
Stephanie O’Flaherty - "Lab Rats" (East Grand Middle School)
Rowan Hillhouse - "A Cinderella Story" (Denver School of the Arts)
Elizabeth Cronk - "Ayomide the Spotted Zebra" (Overland Trail Middle School)
1st Place: Sophia Feghali - "Stinky Bleu and the Death Cheese" (Holy Family Catholic School)
2nd Place: Julia Thomas - "The Sound of Red" (Denver School of the Arts)
3rd Place: Gabriel Jani - "As the Fog Lifted" (Logan School for Creative Learning)
Olivia Sherwood - "Growing Up to Be a Child" (Lesher Middle School)
Jonathan Paul - "Rebecca" (Trailridge Middle School)
Molly Brunswick - "The Scarlet Dragon" (Homeschool)
Ellen Rogers - "Paper Airplanes" (Denver School of the Arts)
Lekha Masoudi - "When the Bombs Stop" (Logan School for Creative Learning)
1st Place: Francee Schloesser - "The Mechanics of Forever" (Denver School of the Arts)
2nd Place: Aadi Nashikkar - "A Single Minute" (The Colorado Springs School)
3rd Place: William Bernstein - "The Traitor and the Virus" (Logan School for Creative Learning)
Layne Thompson - "The Space in Between" (Holy Family Catholic Church)
Ethan Moore - "Thomas Was Alone" (North Arvada Middle School)
Gina Carlo - "Mistakes" (Prospect Ridge Academy)
Natalie Wadhwa - "Necessities of Gnomes" (Denver School of the Arts)
Destiny Wrich - "Her Darkest Hour" (Holy Family Catholic School)
- Entries are judged on originality, creative expression and storytelling
- StoryMakers is in its tenth year and each year we receive over 700 entries
- Finalists (8 for each grade) will be named in December/January 2016/2017 and invited to an all day workshop (and station tour) with an instructor from Lighthouse Writers Workshop and a journalist at the Rocky Mountain PBS station in Denver on Saturday, January 21, 2017
- Awards Luncheon held in Denver on Saturday, February 25, 2017 and attended by all finalists and their families. Winners are announced and prizes awarded.
- Winners’ stories published on Rocky Mountain PBS website
- StoryMakers is generously supported by Douglas County Libraries!
For questions, email Susan Barber email@example.com.