Governor Polis announces statewide stay at home order
Last Updated by
Polis says the order coud be lifted earlier than April 11th but it could also last longer.
The main message is to stay at home. Social distancing wasn't doing enough to keep the COVD-19 cases from spreading.
This executive order means Coloradans should not be leaving their homes except for critical activities including:
- Obtaining food and other household necessities including medicine
- Going to and from work if you are a critical employee
- Seeking medical care
- Caring for dependents or pets
- Caring for a vulnerable person in another location
- Cannabis and liquor stores will remain open
- Or participating in outdoor recreation at a legally-mandated safe distance of six feet or more from other parties
As of Wednesday evening, there are 1,086 cases in the state and 19 deaths. 8,064 people have been tested so far.
Colorado State Patrol sent out this list of essential businesses.
Read the order here: