Women and Girls Lead: Making a Difference in Colorado
Women and Girls Lead, a multiyear public media initiative amplifing the voices of women and girl leaders, expanding the understanding of gender equity, and engaging a network of citizens and organizations to tune in and get involved, has kicked off.
Rocky Mountain PBS is leading the initiative in Colorado, with more than 50 documentary films by the world’s best independent filmmakers, and original content from media makers and community partners.
Online audiences can connect with each other and aggregate video, events, social media, and engagement tools from many resources.
In addition to our on-air and online content, Rocky Mountain PBS is:
• Partnering with leading women and girl-focused organizations in Colorado to raise awareness about leadership development, violence prevention and economic wellness.
• Working with the Girl Scouts of Colorado on a number of their key initiatives.
• In conjunction with Girls Inc. of Metro Denver, hosted a youth Media Literacy Workshop to educate at-risk girls about global women’s issues.
• Asking for submissions for on-air vignettes celebrating some of the extraordinary women and girl leaders in Colorado
• Aggregating compelling local content to supplement award-winning national and international programming.
• Activating a strong advisory board that will guide our local effort.
For more information and to get involved, contact viewer services at 303-620-5742
TV Schedule »
Rocky Mountain PBS-HD, Create and V-me.
Support Pledge TV »
When you support local programming you can choose from a number of thank-you gifts.
Women and Girls Lead
A major multiyear, multiplatform initiative to educate and enlighten.